Table of Contents
Objective Type Questions with Answers
Q1. Fill in the blanks to make an appropriate statement.
- Radcliffe Award was announced on __________ 1947.
- Calcutta had a ___________ % population of untouchables.
- Madhupur Headworks at the at the Ravi and __________ Headworks at the Sutlej were given to India.
- In the month of _______ Pakistan was admitted to the membership of the United Nations (also mention year).
Q2. Fill in the blanks by putting one of the three alternatives given in the bracket against each question.
- ___________ was made the head of the Boundary Commission.
(Radcliffe, Mountbatten, Radcliffe Award)
- There were _______ factories in United India.
(24, 28, 26)
- There were __________ princely states in the United India.
(16, 680, 580)
- The state of Hyderabad had a population of _______ according to the 1941 census.
( one crore, one crore 60 lacs, sixty lacs)
- The city of ________ was made Pakistan’s capital after partition.
(Karachi, Rawalpindi, Islamabad)
- On _______ the Quaid-e-Azam inaugurated the State Bank of Pakistan.
(14th August 1947, 1st September 1947, 1st July 1948)
- In September 1944 Jinnah-Gandhi talks were held at the residence of ______.
(The Quaid-e-Azam (RA), Gandhi, Nehru)
- In ___________ 1948 India cut water supply in the canals that irrigated Pakistan land.
(March, April, May)
- ___________ was the title of the Muslim head of the princely state Hyderabad.
(Nizam, Nawab, Ameer)
- The Quaid-e-Azam (RA) established _________ Fund for the rehabilitation of refugees.
(Refugee, Quaid-e-Azam (RA), Red Cross)
|5.||Karachi||6.||July 1, 1948|
Q3. Indicate whether the statement is TRUE or FALSE; put a circle around the correct answer.
- Hindu untouchables of Calcutta wanted their city to be a part of Pakistan. (TRUE/FALSE)
- The Kashmir issue was taken up with the United Nations in January 1948. (TRUE/FALSE)
- Junagadh was a Muslim majority state. (TRUE/FALSE)
- Hyderabad was a Muslim majority state. (TRUE/FALSE)
- The Quaid-e-Azam (RA) said that English can be the national language of Pakistan. (TRUE/FALSE)
- The Quaid-e-Azam (RA) joined the Muslim League in 1906. (TRUE/FALSE)
- The Quaid-e-Azam (RA) played an important role in Tehrik-e-Khilafat (True/FALSE)
- The Quaid-e-Azam (RA) wanted to make Pakistan a theocratic state. (TRUE/FALSE)
Q4. Put the right parts together.
|No.||Column A||Column B|
|1.||Radcliffe||Field Marshall Auchinleck|
|4.||September 2, 1947||The United Nations|
|3.||Field Marshall Auchinleck||4.||The United Nations|